Thesis Statement Examples For All Academic Levels
If you are having trouble coming up with a solid thesis statement, then there's a good chance that this will be one of your weaknesses as an essay writer.
The key to good research papers is understanding what makes up a good argument. You also need to include evidence. Make sure you do this in your paper so that people will believe you and be convinced by the argument.
It can be hard for some students to do this on their own without help from other people who have already done it well enough. An essay writer might help with this!
In order to come up with a strong thesis statement while writing an essay, you have to look at what kind of examples to look at before starting writing. Explore our list of effective thesis statement examples below and know how it is done properly so that your work will not fall short in quality as well!
What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is an interesting one-sentence summary of the body content that aims to express your main idea. It should answer directly any question or claim posed by your paper's topic, argumentative essay, etc., in order for you to know what we're writing about!
In order to make a strong argument, you need a clear and precise thesis statement. This is typically included in the introduction of an essay so that it can contribute its input towards what follows afterward.
It is important to craft an interesting and engaging essay that can be debated. To do so, you should write a thesis statement in such a way your readers might agree or disagree with what’s being said on the subject at hand.
Key Elements of Thesis Statement
Following are the key elements of the thesis statement:
- A central idea of an essay
- Reasons to support the idea
- Evidence to support the idea
A good thesis statement will have a point of view. You should also think about what you learned from reading about researching and writing and what you know other people might think.
(back to top)
Thesis Statement Examples for Essay
Now you know what is a thesis statement and why it's important to have one in your essay or research paper. Here are some good examples for various kinds of essays, as well as tips on how best to implement them into academic work!
Every student has their own ideas and preferences when it comes to writing. The following examples are there for your reference, but you should not use them as an original template.
Thesis Statement Examples of Argumentative Essay
Following are some examples of thesis statements for an argumentative essay:
- The university athletes who provide services should be compensated as they work hard for themselves and their institute’s reputation.
- Mercy killing or assisted suicide should be legalized in all countries of the world, and doctors should make sure they provide the right end-of-life care to the patients.
- Though uniforms are meant to enhance unity and spirit, educational institutes should not force students to wear them. This idea is completely based on the fact that uniforms restrict the student’s freedom of expression, and it is specifically supported by the fact that restricting the freedom of expression is actually a violation of human rights.
Thesis Statement Examples for Informative Essay
- Digital literacy skills should be taught to students to make them understand the difference between fake news, propaganda, and legitimate news.
- Feminism was supposed to be used as a weapon for supporting equal rights and not for proving that women were superior to men. In a literal sense, feminism is all about snatching equal rights, not about proving gender imbalance.
- Sex education in schools should include the discussion on consensual sex to increase the cases of sexual assaults.
Thesis Statement Examples for Compare and Contrast Essay
A compare and contrast essay is most likely to have the following kinds of thesis statements:
- Although people believe Pepsi is a substitute for Coke, there is a vast difference in taste and nutritional content.
- Although Vaughan Feary and Edmund Wall both consider harassment an unbidden statement, their ideas are not similar in several other points, which makes the scholars view cases of sexual harassment differently.
- Apart from other differences between high school and college, one significant difference is the level of emotional maturity to succeed.
Thesis Statement Examples for Persuasive Essay
- Beauty pageants should be stopped from appearing on TV because of their motive of empowering women in contradictory ways as they make models wear obscene clothes and judge them.
- Jelly and bean sandwiches are the best type of sandwiches because they are easy to make, handle, and taste good.
- The artists who support feminism should have a political position and voice to use their power for the betterment of society.
Thesis Statement Examples of Narrative Essay
- A vegan diet is a healthy habit, but it can cause problems when traveling and interacting with other cultures.
- There is nothing wrong with who chooses not to have children, and society has to understand that. It is not about others’ beliefs but her time and life that are at stake.
- Cyberbullying is increasing, causing stress and depression in teenagers. Parents should take extra care and limit the use of smartphones to combat this problem.
Thesis Statement Examples of Expository Essay
- School uniforms may bring extra cost, but wearing them can eradicate the difference between the students of different groups and classes, making the school’s environment healthy.
- The life of a typical high school student is distinguished by time studying, attending classes, and participating in other peer activities.
- The US spends more time on its military budget than all the other industrialized countries combined.
Thesis Statement Examples of Literary Essay
- The details of ‘The Story of an Hour’ point out how language, institution, and appearance can suppress the natural desire and ambitions of women.
- The concept of the nuclear family should be reimagined. The normal family should not be limited and defined to two-parent households.
- In ‘Paul’s Case’ written by Willa Cather, a portrayal of suicidal behaviors among adults is a possible factor that might have been identified and remedied.
Thesis Statement Examples of Cause and Effect Essay
- If you want your business and company to grow, make your team a diverse one to get empathy between the workers, better and richer ideas, and more cooperation.
- The increasing rates of divorces are the result of poor communication, changing social values, and unrealistic expectations.
- Coal miners whose jobs are vanishing should be retrained in other fields such as in the sector of technology and in renewable energy. This will not only improve local economies but also lead to lower unemployment rates.
Thesis Statement Examples of Rhetorical Essay
A rhetorical analysis essay is most likely to have the following types of thesis statements:
- The author has successfully developed an argument in favor of gun carry, but focused on emotional appeal with no factual information that has weakened his argument.
- Although Alex includes several convincing, logical arguments by using facts, readers may not agree with the presented analysis because of his sarcastic tone.
- It is unfair to just talk about privileged working women like done in the book “Lean In”. Lower skilled and low earning women should be discussed as well.
Thesis Statement Examples of College Essay
You can add the below given thesis statements to your college application essay after tweaking them according to your content.
- Blue-collar workers and coal miners, whose jobs are diminishing, should be trained in skills and given jobs in technological and renewable energy sectors. This will not just promote the local economy but will also solve unemployment issues.
- In a world where the life of humans is the biggest value, doctors should get the highest salary. They save lives, relieve our physical pain. They have spent years studying and practicing to do that.
- Abortions should be legalized as women should have the freedom to make decisions regarding their bodies. There could be no other solution to this problem.
Thesis Statement Examples of Middle School Essay
- Imposing a hefty tax on the purchase of cigarettes will not stop poor people from buying them. Instead, the government should ban them from stopping their sale.
- To minimize the damage caused by hurricanes, everyone needs to take some preventive measures.
- The idea of studying abroad might sound costly, the experience that one will get from the interactions with another culture and approach of teaching is totally worth it.
(back to top)
Thesis Statement Examples for Research Paper
The following are examples of thesis statements for research papers. You can use them to get inspiration or guidance when writing your own paper, but these should not be written word-for-word in the body of text itself!
- Exams are not a productive way to evaluate the knowledge and skills of students. There should be an alternative way to measure the student’s abilities by banning exams.
- The government should not have access to the information that we share online and should not be able to use it.
- Initiatives have been taken by different campaigns and magazines to introduce diverse groups’ models, but it will still take time to change people’s perception of a healthy body image.
Developing a strong and argumentative thesis statement is essential for any good research paper or essay. If you're still finding it hard to develop your perfect thesis statement, get professional help!
Still worried about weak thesis statement examples?
EssayWriterNow.com is the go-to website for students looking to have an essay written, analytical thesis paper compiled, and more! Our essay writer will provide you with professional assistance with all your academic needs so that you can focus on what matters most: studying hard & achieving success in life!